Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Zurrigat - ZurriWHAT? You say.


Blog 2005
Originally uploaded by twinsleymom.

Here is my picture from our trip to the Temple of Ur near An Nasiriyah. It was a very quick training mission, but Erik and Curt were telling the truth when they were talking about how hot it was there. The blow dryer in the face and the blisters on our butts from the seats that doubled as broilers that would create a need for 15MinuteLunch's ButtPaste were true to a T. Yeah, that is Erik half way up the stairs. Those stairs were something else. They were only about 2-3" in height so there were like 500,000 of them. OK, not quite that many - but I tried to hit every one, so it seemed like that many to get to the actual top of the Temple. Yep, a spot of Abraham's (Biblical, not the guy sitting at the Memorial all the time) history.

I am getting a "short timers" attitude... it is getting so darn close (and yet so far away) to me going home. I miss just seeing, touching and being near my kiddos. The whole touching is what seems like a sureal dream. Just to be able to tickle them, help them get ready for bed - sitting in the boys' top bunk reading them Dr. Seuss... I can't wait to get back home. D.D. and her need to be touched and loved - rubbing lotion into all her little pudgy rolls... Can't wait to get back to her baby (ocean) blue's. It is amazing the things about them and home that I have come to miss while being on this deployment. It is going to be a shock when I realize how much they now comprehend compared to before. It amazes me in just how well they talk to me on the phone. In my mind when I talk to them, I still picture them at the age, height, weight, etc. as when I left. Man, I have a lot of catching up to do. You know - it's like I have been abducted by aliens - only they forgot to put me back at the time that they took me. (Not that I know - I'm just guessing - UNLESS your one of those people who thinks that Bush is an alien - then that statement would almost be true.)

Erik is sitting here asking me about FUDs (Female Urinary Devices - the things the Army gives us so that we girls can pee like a guy - without droppin trou). Well, I say - you can't talk about them unless you use 'em. Stand by for pictures of Erik using one. Can I get a Bwaaahaaahaaa! ??

***For my family and friends - I have changed my 'comment' setting. Yes, you can now leave me a comment - It will post annonynmously (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong - but it is after 1am) so Play Nice and leave your name before posting!!

6 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) I'm really enjoying yours as I read more about who you are. Don't mind me as I continue to browse and check back in!

Erik Holtan said...

I have a built in FUD G, so I am qualified! And please stop talking on your posts about the fact you only have 2 weeks left! It's pissing me off!

Unknown said...

FUDs sound scary.

Stacy said...

Heather, I ran across your blog somehow, maybe Erik not too sure. Just wanted to drop you a short note to say THANKS for what you are doing for our country and for all of us back home. Lookes like you don't have too much longer to go until you will be able to be home with your family.

Again, THANKS for everything you are doing. I have a son that was deployed in January of 2005.

Johnny Virgil said...

Hey Heather, thanks for the link, and thanks for what you're doing over there.

I just joined soldiersangels.com and posted my first letter a few days ago. I feel like I should be doing more to help you guys. Stay safe.

Jody said...

I can't even imagine being away from my baby for an entire day... let alone months at a time. Bless you for your service! I hope you will keep us informed of your life when you get home! And maybe give us some pics of you with your little ones!