Sunday, July 17, 2005

Do I Look like a freekin' Bank Teller??


Blog 2005
Originally uploaded by twinsleymom.
OK, I am doin' a bit of an Eric thing with this "venting"... but what hay?? I just come back off a mission and I am asked if I have collected the money for a going away party. Why does this piss me off? Well, where do I begin? 1)I was left a post it note the morining that we were preparing and leaving for a mission that requested that I do it. 2)We didn't even have transportation back scheduled at the time, so there was no way to know we would even be back. 3)What the heck are we contributing money for??? The chow hall gives us the food, the plates, the silverware, the drinks.... we can't drink beer here, so it's not like someone is going out and getting a keg.
This whole issue is an on-going saga... what is it with workplace parties? If there isn't a cold beer or a chillin' margarita waiting for me - I admit, they don't excite me all that much. If you want me to kick back and relax with ya' then lets do it RIGHT! Here's the scenario for 'chillin' in Baghdad. NO POOL - just 'chillin' in the 120+ degree sun gettin' red as a fire engine. Add a grill - there's another 10 degrees of furnace. Add 30 people - between the yummy smell of sweat and the extra 5 degrees of body heat I am just jumpin outta my skin to participate in this event!! Do we get to put on a pair of shorts?? Only if they are part of the Physical fitness uniform and your legs are shaved. (Yeah, better not go too european 'cause the General is gonna' be there... Damn. I haven't had time to shave since a week BEFORE I went out on this last mission!) Which leads me to another pet peeve.... our showers are like 12" by 12" - how are you suppose to really shave your legs there? Guess I will be wearing my DCUs - add another 5 degrees. Final Point: Who holds a bar-b-q in the middle of the desert at 2 o'clock in the afternoon? Could we do it when it was just a little hotter or the sun was beating down a little harder, PLEASE!! I'm White... but don't worry - by the end of this little party we can do surf and turf - I'll be the lobster.

Drink a cold one for me today!

6 comments:

Jody said...

I hope I was supposed to laugh- just a bit- at your BBQ comments. Good luck with the party!

Barb said...

Rant ON, girl! That sounds like a purty silly idea, I'll agree. I'd be turning bright lobster red right next to you if I were there.
Which I'm not, obviously, so thanks a heap for being there. Love your comment on the 3-D pic!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog... I'm totally with you on a barbecue in the middle of the dessert in the bright sun in the middle of the afternoon NOT being such a grand idea!!! You must miss your kids so much... when do you get to go hom??

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! You make me laugh even when your a world away. Proper picnic at the homestead when you get back! I will have the drinks a-chillin.

See you then!
Timmy's mom,
Chris

Unknown said...

Christina - I love ya'!! Can't wait to get back there and see ya!!

Milt Bogs said...

You certainly look like a bank teller to me.