Friday, July 22, 2005

Blogging for Breakfast


Blog 2005
Originally uploaded by twinsleymom.

OK, OK - I am late! At least that has nothing to do with being pregnant. Whew! (My relief becomes more apparen when I tell you I have had 3 pregnancies - two of them were twins!) It is Saturday morning here in Iraq, but I figure that at least, technically, back in the states it is still Friday - so YEAH! I made the deadline! I gotta' tell ya' ~ this was kind of a hard shot to get of myself. I tried many angles and finally "just settled" for this one.

I am so proud of Johnathan ~ I have been waiting for this day for a long time. He wants to train to run a half marathon with me. He says that he will never run a whole (Yeah, I think I remember him saying that about even a half at one point). So, for now I will happily settle for a half. We have a new running club forming in our hometown and it happens to kick off a week after I return home. Yeehaw! At least he is a chiropractor and can keep us as pain free as possible. I say that like he can completely adjust himself... Right - that would be a contortionist (and we would live off his tips from performing on street corners... or we would live in Vegas and I would have to take the kids to Circ De Soleil to see their daddy - that would be ok...). But hey, I am pretty good - giving him rub downs once he gets me feelin' good. I'm talking massage here. (Erik and Curt are gonna' read those last couple of lines and give me crap all day - so I will just stop before I give them any more material to work with.)

As you can see those contractors do a pretty good job - I had toasted sourdough, lots of fresh fruit and some scrambled eggs with onions and peppers. Not bad for "war food", 'eh?

Oh, and this is another case of perspective.... my hands aren't GINORMOUS (I love that word!) my computer is tiny, tiny, tiny. Gotta' post before it turns back into a pumpkin.

4 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

Just don't give Curt and Erik any of those massages. After reading Curts last post I would not touch them two with a ten foot pole. LOL

Sheri & SuZan said...

Yeah, it's hard when you have to take your own pic, but yours looks great. Happy blogging!

Mama Duck said...

Um yes, I do have to say that your breakfast spread is quite lovely!

Also, I am TOTALLY impressed with your shot. As you saw in mine I hardly got the computer screen in the backgorund!

Holy smokes, could this be a longer comment!??! I also have to say that I am envious and in awe of your ability to run a marathon. I think that's fantastic and congrats on getting the hubby to join in!

Arc said...

Found your blog by accident through the comments on another blog. Will definately be returning!

A mom of 3, a soldier, a marathoner....you make me tired just thinking about it!