Thursday, July 14, 2005

Reality Bites!!

HOLY COW!!! In the past 48 hours it has just really hit me as to how long I have been gone from home and how much I must have missed. Yea, I'm feeling a little dense, but until you are removed from your family for a year it is hard to put it in to a "I know what your going through" context. The other day Johnathan told me, "the boys have gone through a growth spurt, you won't believe how tall they are..." I don't know why, but that comment spurred it all. It then hit me like a brick wall smashed directly on my forehead, that my boys will be four very shortly after I return. WHAT??!! They were just a months past two when I left. They are starting pre-school??? Where the heck have I been - oh, that's right - completely out of the loop, lounging in the middle of the desert. (Well, not exactly, but that sure is what I feel like right now.) It just forces into my face how much I have missed out on. I guess reality had to hit me at some point.

Yesterday morning I returned from my physical therapy (a.k.a. the ankle torture chamber) to find that I had mail!!! Ya' love it when some love flies in from the US. Well, this one was from my auntie Patty - she is a goddess. She sent me some GOOD shampoos and conditioners! As I opened the box, just the smell was euphoric...mmmmm. Paul Mitchell and Redeken products. The water over here has to be treated because it too many 'little bugs' in it. My hair went from soft and fun to a prickly hay stack within the first three months of being here. (TAKE NOTE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO SEND OVER) Needless to say - I take a little longer getting ready after my shower because I just have to take a couple moments and just smell my clean hair..yummmmmmmy!

One pet peeve for the day: What is up with companies that don't ship to APO's?? Fine you won't get my business, now or when I return.

3 comments:

Erik Holtan said...

Yeah,and your forgot to add that you have been here so long that people can't WAIT for you to leave!
Kidding!
HAve a good day!
E

Katy said...

Can't beat good shampoo...especially with crappy water. I have to admit the whole bugs in the water thing kind of grossed me out.

Jody said...

I found you through Katy. You don't have a snail address posted but if you would send it to me I will get you lots of good smelly shampoos & stuff!