Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Silly Office Shrine


Blog 2005
Originally uploaded by twinsleymom.

SO much to blog about... what's up with that pic? Well - it is a little representative of my time here. Of course the American flags because I am American. The bobble-head Jesus came from my friend Davey. That man can send a care package (it included some really HOT salsa, smoked salmon, tea cookies, gormet crackers, yo-yos...). I met Davey in Korea and he has one of the best senses of humor a man can have. Their is a story behind the bobble- head Jesus and a song that he use to sing. The jist of it is that as long as the bobble head Jesus is with us we are not bothered by the threats here. The camel is Erik's and, of course, represents the desert we are in. The British flag - well Erik had picked some up and we figured that since this is a multi-national forces base we would include it. Now, I know, you are dying to know why Jesus is holding the US flag and the Camel is holding the Brit's. Well, lets just say rock, paper, scissors was involved.

I received the bigger US Flag inside a box from Treats for Troops. THEY ROCK! First - I open the box and it has a couple of big bags of peanuts and raisins. Mind you, these are not treats I rave about, but if you remember I love to put stuff in my Kettle Korn. We all get excited when we see not 1, not 2, but 3 containers 'Country Time Lemonade'. Great!! Nothing like a nice cold one in this heat. And since there isn't a cold beer any closer than a 3 hour flight away - Lemonade Rocks! OOOOHHH - but then I spy (with my little eye) a wonderful little treat. These people know what I want... I see two little baggies of Burt's Bees products. The little Head to Toe Starter Kit - Yummy!! AND the Burt's healthy treatment facial care kit.... I don't know who they hired or who runs this group that packs these boxes, but they nailed it as far as I am concerned. There was also some sunscreen (crucial in this area of the world), lip balm - I almost forgot... they also sent Erik's coffee a competitor. It is a tea called "Morning Thunder". NO JOKE. I am scared to drink this stuff. Only thing that came to my mind was "why THUNDER?" I went on to read the box... oh, no... it contains many references to this tea being "moving", "unpredictable", "changing", "charging", "spilling over the edges"; being harmonious with nature... this stuff screams toilet time will be approaching. I can't wait to try a cup! (Did I mention there is a buffalo on the box?)

wooly bully, wooly bully, wooly bully

3 comments:

Mama Duck said...

That sounds like an awesome little package there! I can imagine that the lemonade tastes darn good after your mouth gets dried out from eating kettlecorn!!!! :)

Katy said...

My Dad loves that Morning Thunder.;)

Jen said...

They make Morning Thunder right near me at Celestial Seasonings! It used to be the only tea they made with caffeine :-) It's a rockin' tour, if you're ever out near Boulder Colorado!

Happy packing!