Sunday, July 24, 2005

Packin Up

Seems like everyone has been moving in the blogs I have been reading lately. Well, I AM TOO!! Ohhhhhh, it is so close.... So I am packin up my 6x6 - how the heck did I ever accumulate so much crap in such a small space??? There are some things that you look at and go - "definately goin' home with me" - other things "Where the heck did that come from" - yet other - "trash - why isn't it already there??"

One of the guys who is headed home at the same time laughed because I was taking home my good shampoo, conditioner, body lotions, etc... he was all condescending saying, "yeah, I don't know why you sent that stuff back." This coming from the guy who sent back 100 movies (haji copies - cost us a buck or two each) where some of them didn't even play. OK - this is starting me on another (off the subject) rant.... What is up with people who think that everything they like, and ONLY everything that THEY like, is cool? They come off as condescending pricks and then get all upset and act like you've sucker punched them if you throw it back at them. This guy even goes so far as to think you should love the food he likes, love the same music (the crap rap, the re-makes that sound like the chipmunks singing a previously good song - yeah, love it - not so much...) As a matter of fact, if you have a food on your plate that he doesn't like - he makes a loud barfing sound - not just gagging - actual up-chucking sound. Lovely! STFU already - you don't like it - that's why you didn't put it on your plate. Get over yourself!! ahhhhhh.... anyway.

So I had some crap that at first I couldn't remember where the heck it came from. One of them was a feminine wash (yes - wash - as in similar to body wash, but for our "feminine areas"). However, I never bought it - so I began thinking... where did this come from?? Oh yeah - the OLD roomie gave it to me when she left... who passes on feminine body wash?? I only kept it because I was trying to decide how I could throw it away without the haji's seeing it. Why did I even care what a haji thought of some feminine wash?? (The haji's, "local national males", go through our trash when they pick it up. - It isn't hard to figure out which room the stuff comes from there are only two garbage cans for every 6 people.) Needless to say - the haji's will be outside my room laughing about it tomorrow morning - it is in the trash. Back to the packing for me - the rest of you - hope your weekend went "swell". (Eddie Haskel style) hehehehe!

5 comments:

Katy said...

I bet you can hardly wait to get home to the kiddos.

Erik Holtan said...

G,
I have had the same frickin issues with that person for 4 frickin months, and NOW you want to spell it out?
I guess you are only "cool" BEFORE you get married and have kids!
Yeah, and maybe he get show me how to blow ALL the $ I make in Iraq!

Jody said...

So exciting! I know we got boxes of stuff from Justin when he came home. Did you pick up any "Rolex" watches? :)

Jen said...

That made me laugh! I hope they got a thrill out of your trash :-)

How cool that you'll be back soon! Yay!

Unknown said...

Curt - GROSS, just plain gross.

Erik - uh-huh... I know you thought I was immune.

Jody - No, I am phobic of picking up crap. And, I am a woman who only likes shopping at Christmas - literally.

Jen (and everyone else) all of my rantings are sarcastic. I laugh at them when I re-read them!