Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Discovery Launch


Blog 2005
Originally uploaded by twinsleymom.

All eyes in the office were locked onto the TV during the launch this evening. Even now, while the news is reporting the story of the successful launch, all ears are locked onto what they are reporting. We only get 6 channels and nobody cares what is on the other 5.

Yep, that is Curt standing there evaluating the launch. Everyone was in awe over just how quickly it blasted away from earth. The comments were always referencing look how far, look how fast... OHP - the fuel tanks are gone, it was clean. I am so glad it went well. I don't think any of us could have taken it if something had gone wrong. What they say about space exploration and advancement is true. If something tragic occurs it kills a little piece of our hope in the future, our imagination. But I think it is even more crucial for those of us that are serving over here. The heavens always inspire. The skies do not restrain. Hope as a nation, hope for the future, hope for ourselves just seems more possible when things like this launch succeed. Call it positive energy, call it karma, call it luck, talent... I don't care. It feels great and I am so proud to be part of a nation that reaches for it's dreams.

At this moment I wish I could be near Johnathan and our children to share all this excitment, emotion... I hope they were able to see it. An event like this just makes ME feel like a kid again.

No comments: