Thursday, July 07, 2005

Smellin' like a Melon?

Women - even when stuck in the middle of a desert, we have our few necessary items that are a bit more than what a man would consider basic. Mine are lotions and body sprays. Is it more than the fact that they smell great and take me back to my real home? ~you know the place I don't have to get completely dressed to hike the length of a football field or two just to get undressed and shower~ I think not - lets face it - it is over 110 degrees out here. When you stand outside at over 117 degrees you feel like your hair dryer has taken steroids and turned on you. NO deoderant stops you from sweating profusely in these conditions. So, yes! I have my favorite lotions and sprays. Recently, when I was down in Qatar I found the coconut lime verbena. Being on a 4 day getaway at the time, it smelled like a tropical getaway. Now that I am back at work it is almost a little too sweet. Don't you hate in when the scent seems to change between locations? No, I don't think it has anything to do with it sitting in my luggage which sat on a 130+ degree tarmac for a couple of hours... ah, the riggors of travel! Another favorite of mine is the cucumber melon scent - that one just seems to be pretty good no matter who/where you get it from. Almost one of those 'hard to screw up' scents. Another great gal pal - Dana turned me on to the White Tea Ginger - Eric in the next cubby seems to think that one is pretty good. Imagine that - Eric has a little taste!! hehehe!

Your Favorites??

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I LOVE stuff like that. The cucumber melon and the white tea are fantastic. Have you tried Jasmine? Those are great.

In the hot weather (not sure if it would withstand *your* kinda heat, but....) the mint stuff is incredible.