Monday, July 04, 2005

First thing's First

Hi, I am Heather. I am a soldier deployed over in Iraq - far, far from home! This is just a little journal of sorts to help me reaquaint myslef with the real world after being over here for almost a year. Our office is very quite as of late, so a bit of time has presented itself for me. Don't missunderstand... I am just not having to work from 0600 until 22-2300 just to get things set up. I actually have time for gym workouts and a shower now. My one "favorite" thing is KettleKorn Popcorn - I love the stuff!! My mom keeps our office pretty stocked up on it with her care packages. (Actually, she keeps us so stocked up on it that the others who work with me are often left asking 'where is the REAL popcorn?')

I work on a team of 6 people right now. I say it that way because at one time we were 11, but as we are leaving country nobody is replacing us. (Boy that should make some of those political nuts happy - they'll be happy to know that our team alone sent 2 packin' yesterday!) I am not a politically centered nut, I do what is right for the man I love, our children and my family based on my morals and ethics. Yeah, Johnathan and I were not happy about me being deployed - but it was a committment that I had made. I knew the "worst case scenario" when I signed up. No, at the time I didn't really think they would extend the deployments to National Guard units, but my inclination was wrong. It has been an experience that has both happy and frustrating (so PC of me) moments that I will never forget. The soldiers that I have been with over here though have been through all of it with me - and thankfully we are still standing.

I look forward to going home, it gets closer everyday! Yes, I am counting down!!

For Johnathan, Divon, Zephan and Dazjah - I love you and miss you all very much!! XOXOXO

No comments: