Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Urban-ization of Footwear - What a crock!

This past weekend, as part of the Team in Training training... ha! - Well, the training subject after our long run was running attire. We specifically dealt with footwear - and the official sponsor is The Finish Line - OK great! - They give us some classes, evaluate our gait and strike, and a discount if we purchase footwear there. Ok - good business. Bottom line though - they have crap for women's footwear for running.

I walked in and after the class they asked me what specific issues I had. Well, I have a high arch, I have broken my ankle twice in the past 16 months, I have sprained both ankles numerous times and I like a wider toebox. Do you want to hear what I heard?

"Oh, well ~ we don't have a wide selection of women's running shoes. We were urbanized this past summer, so we haven't received a lot of running shoes for women. We have them for men."

Let me get this straight - you are called the finish line?

Do I look like I want a clod - hoppin' man's running shoe?

OK -

Urbanization? So, what, the urbanites are no longer running from the bullets? - They're just gonna' do that Michael Jordan jump over them? Let's face it - the shoes that she showed me as far as what they have received in the past few months did not look like they had anything to do with business (attire) ~ so exactly who in Urbania are they marketing to?

No comments: