Sunday, October 09, 2005

White gets the Wipe

This is great!! I came home from the desert and Johnathan had painted a good 80% off all the walls in our house "country white". Now, you should also know that the other 20% are pretty much the exact same color, except there is a hint of grey in "the other white". I say - white is for toilet paper.... that is all it is good for - seeing if your rear end is clean enough to pull your pants back up. Get my drift??

Well, over the last couple of weeks I have been putting some color samples up on the kitchen cabinets, dragging home little pamphlets of room/color scheme ideas... you know how we women do it - subtle suggestions before we go for the knockout idea/punch! (hehehehe!) This morning I went out and purchased a very vivid blue for the kitchen cabinets. Now, don't worry I haven't lost my mind ~ it is only to trim the cabinets with.

I think the desert made me do it... all that time without water, my psyche just needs to feel like it is near. SO , I am going for a bit of a mediterranean feel, trimming the cabinets in vivid blue this week, painting a 1/2 of a wall a cool ocean greenish blue (analogous to the vivid blue) next week... slowly, but surely color will be a part of my life again.

In other breaking color news: Dazjah's room is no longer white either!! Nanny and her hubby J.C. came over Saturday and painted her room pink and purple. I LOVE IT!! I will love it even more when enough of the paint fumes leave her room so she can get out of our bed!! Naw... she is sooooo cute when she is sleeping, but John doesn't get any sleep because she tosses and turns so much!! Her room is a fairy theme! Hey the boys got Dr. Seuss characters hand painted all over their walls - she gets a little mysticism!

So, here I sit in pigtails with paint all over the place! And here is something to make those boys in Iraq jealous - I bought my second 12 pack of Guiness for less than $7 today! Man, am I a bargain drinker, or what??!! A cold, dark beer and paint fumes - who could ask for anything more??? Better turn the house fan on as well!

2 comments:

Erik Holtan said...

Well, what you could do is imitate the dirty toilet paper paint!
Like take some chunky brown paint, and dip a wad of toilet paper in it, smear it on the walls randomly and then it would be called shitstain!
I can't believe I am hearing you critique the walls your man painted for you!

Anonymous said...

Well I was hoping that you would post again so that I would have something fun to read and comment to on one of these last few boring night shifts.... maybe I will have to call and remind you. Love ya sis.
Jessi