Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Can You Say SUCKA'??

Yep, that's me - today I was a sucka'. With the boys in Pre-School, Dazjah and I go to the MotherRead time every week together. Usually it is me and 4-7 other mamas... we gab a little, we talk about our childhood, about lessons we teach our kiddos, about different parenting methods, read a children's book, talk about its underlying messages (yep, you got it - an I'm-a-big-girl-reading-and-analyzing-children's-books bookclub!). Anyway, this morning was the typical meeting until the time to leave approached.

Now, one thing I left out, this little MotherRead group meets at my kiddos pre-school.

Zephan's teacher comes in and asks if we are finished. Yep, I tell her that we are all on our way out and that we will be out of her hair momentarily. Silly me, I thought that she needed the room! No, No, No - She hints that we are leaving early this time... and then it comes... would you mind cutting out some pictures/figures that I had laminated. I figure, hey - I had planned on this taking another half hour anyway - sure I'll help her out!

I shoulduv' known!! Fifty - YES FIFTY - feet of laminated barnyard animals then procedes to be carried into the room. AND 2 pairs of scissors - so that I can cut with my right AND my left at the same time!! Lucky ME! - SUCKA'!!

Needless to say, we were there so long that DD had her first school lunch! She loved the grape juice!! AND she knows where the teachers hide their purses. She knows where the keys are hidden that open the snack cabinets. She even knows how to turn the laminating machine on! - Yes all this and she isn't even 2 yet! Bloody Brilliant little curly Sue - Me, I'm just a sucka'.

Oh, and did I mention that on my way into the classroom I was hit up to run a "fall festival booth"?? Who am I kidding, I will love playing Count the Pumpkins with 3 and 4 year-olds!! Shoot, I love saying 1,2,3,7 - hehehehe. By Monday I will have something figured out as to how I will be able to make it through counting from 1-20 over 80 times in 2 hours... ANY IDEAS?? SUCKA'

**DO NOT get me wrong, I love helping out my kiddos teachers, and I will love seeing their faces when they count the correct number of pumpkins - and I can give them prizes - then I AM THEIR HERO!! (along with the other 20 parents who will be running other booths). This is simply a blog about me laughing at my own poor time management/non-ability to say, "how about we set up a time when I can come in without my other cherub (DD) who will demolish the room while I assist you."

No comments: