Sunday, September 18, 2005

OK, I hate my girlfriends...

He he he he... not so funny today am I??

Well, trying out a couple of wines with Christina was great, but it is the day after... Love ya' kiddos, what can I shove in your mouth to shut you up? - No, really - my kids are great, but they were whining as we left (they wanted to play in the pool), but it was nap time... and I had to start getting things ready for Monday (school for the boys, library for Dazjah and I - yeah! that means I shower in the morning!!!)

Quick review of the wines... we were trying Elderberry wines. They are something totally new to me. Johnathan and I tried one on Wednesday night when we had dinner with friends. It turned out to be delicious! The smell - well it smelled like red wine table vinegar - but the taste was completely different - tannins were on point (just enough that you knew they were there, but you didn't have to let the bottle breathe for an hour before you took your second sip) I believe it was called White Sambuka. This is one I will definately put on my table again and again! Last night we tried two more... another semi-sweet and a sweet. The semi-sweet, Elderberry wine, was good. Christina and I agreed that it would be great either with before dinner or transitioning from dinner to dessert. However, the sweet one (Muscadine) is not something I will ever try again. I normally enjoy the dessert and sweet wines, but not this one. Tried it at room temp and chilled - neither one had my boat floating... Christina though came up with a recipe for it - and applesauce to it and use it on pork chops! See why I love her!

So, I got about 2 hours of sleep last night - kiddos shot up at 6:15. Thank goodness Strawberries don't need to be cooked! Really, it was an excellent Sunday in spite of me and Christina cackling away with each other until O' Dark thirty this morning. Now, it is off to bed for me..... Sweet Dreams, Sleep Tight, Don't let the Bed Bugs Bite!!

No comments: