Sunday, September 03, 2006

6 Miles a Minute




Yeah right! I wish!

The Photos: the first one is of the T-shirt I love to wear. Johnathan traded one of the Fort Bragg Rugby Club's shirt to one of the women from Eno River. I just love the saying on the back- If you know me, then you know that this pretty much fits my personality.

Picture of me is after the 6 miler this morning and post-shower. Hair just out of the towel and I still haven't combed it!

Finally the sideways photo is my official Team In Training training shirt. I guess Nike is generous enough to give us their microfiber shirts - sweet! I am actually scared to wear it when I run outside - Dude - I sweat A LOT! THe humidity and distances do not make for a crisp white shirt for long.... so far, so good though!

Continuing my saga of training for the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 7 ~ Today I ran 6 miles. It went pretty well! The trail was still the Cape Fear River Trail and the only thing bad about running on a Sunday morning there is that the water on the path isn't ice cold. I guess the guy who rides his golf cart around refilling the coolers with ice and the port-a-potties with TP goes to church - or sleeps in. Either way - it wasn't too bad. The trail did flatten out a little bit in miles 2-4, but again the first third was a good warm-up with a bunch of down hills - and the end had me pushing it. However, today was different - not only were there hills but there was also a "friendly dog" who had broken his owner's leash. By friendly - I mean that he was in love with me and no matter whether I ran, walked, sprinted, laid down and acted like a dead fish - he wanted to be with me. So, I ended up running the last hills (killer monsters) just to get it over with.

Needless to say - I am now sitting in the office icing my shins - but other than that everything is peachy keen! And I am going to the pool or hot tub later - we'll see how the shins are doing as to which one it ends up being.

Oh, and the new shoes have given me a blister on my heel and John used all my blister block band-aids. GRRRR....Help! Need the address to send them to? Check out: My TNT site

No comments: