Thursday, February 16, 2006

Smokies or Sand in my Panties???

Still haven't decided - although, the mountain/vineyard idea is really growing on me. BUT if I could find a big beach house that had an enclosed access to the beach (where we could drink without risking any guest getting a public intoxication ticket) I would take it.

Am I asking for a drunk-fest? NO - I just know that if we are having this celebration over an hour from everyone's home - then people will probably drink a bit more because they will have planned on staying the night - a.k.a. no driving. And honestly - only the nice drinkers are invited anyway! (Hehehehe!)

Which brings me to the subject of kids.... I know there is this whole movement to explicitly not invite children to a wedding, but honestly - GET OUT! So, I have been brainstorming for ways to make it all work... Here is what I am thinking - around 7 or 8 o'clock we will have some "sitters" take the little ones indoors for movies and a snack - they can all fall asleep while mommies and daddies have a little dancing time/joking time as well. Has anyone else tried this? Pros? Cons? Any other ideas??

No comments: