Sunday, February 05, 2006

OK - I'm Gettin' Married

  1. Last night I got razzed by my fiance and pals because I haven't "seemed excited" about getting married. Here's my take: If I am planning a wedding that is over one year, but less than 2 years away - why should I be stressing out and going on and on about it until - oh, say - 3-4 months before the big event? Right now, I am just trying to decide - East Coast summer-ish BEACH wedding or Fall Folliage Blue Ridge mountain scenery wedding.... hmmmm. And all of that depends on "finding the venue". So, today I picked up the wedding planner and a North Carolina magazine that focuses on venues, and all the people you need to pay to have a wedding here in NC. Maybe by the end of this week I will have a date and a place picked out - but, honestly I want to go visit my top 3-5 - so it will probably be a month before I make my decision. I just don't want my family and friends to show up to the wedding saying - "Jeesh - can we just get this over with so she will stop talking about it!"

    So - to alleviate all the wonder around this event - I'm working on it. Don't fret, Johnathan and I will send out an announcement of the date well in advance for all those who will need to make travel arrangements. We are casual fun people - so this isn't going to be a formal affair, but rather a sassy celebration.

    Therefore:
    1. Women will be lookin' good
    2. Men are expected to shower and smell delicious
    3. There will be no lavas or going regimental until after Johnathan and I have tossed the bouquet and garter.
    **For our family and friends who don't know these are serious rugby traditions - and as accepting Johnathan as my partner, I know that these little rugby traditions will be carried out at our reception - I will only set the time frame as to when gentlemen may turn into ruggers. All those who do not play rugby, you will get many laughs - just don't starch your collars too much... I am giving fair notice, well in advance!

1 comment:

Erik Holtan said...

G YOU GETING MARRIED???
Cool, I just would hate to be the wedding planner for you!
You would kick there ass, and yell.
On that note, you are missed by ALL of us Minnesotans. Well, I am sure not all.
Can I came down to the wedding if I keep leaving comments on your site?
Have a good day, and congratulations!