Saturday, August 16, 2008

Spider-Pig

Well, Dazjah is still coming to work with me until she starts 'school' on the 25th. So, every day after lunch she usually goes upstairs to lay down, maybe watch a movie - maybe get a nap in, depending on how much running around she has done.

A couple of days ago, after a big lunch, I took her upstairs. I asked her if she just wanted to lay down or if she wanted me to put a movie in. She was still very wide awake and asked for a movie. Well, Dazjah asks for "the spider-pig movie."

Now, most of you may be familiar with the term "spider-pig" because of the Simpson movie. I know that whenever I hear the term I start singing, "Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a spider-pig does." As do my children, even though we have not seen the movie. (It was great marketing on the advertisers part, just not great follow-through on my non-movie theatre going family!)

I am about to say that we don't have that movie - much less on VHS (it is an old tv that is up in this room!) when another movie catches my eye. I suddenly know exactly which movie she is talking about. Can you guess what movie it is?

She wanted to watch - Charlotte's Web! ("duh")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I actually knew you were gonna say charlottes web, and conner loves singing the spider pig song.