Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

It has been raining cats and dogs for what seems like a week now. I love the rain. However, I am getting sick of this little song my children sing..... If the "old man is snoring" that means you need to be quiet so he can finish his nap!



This was last week - look at that gorgeous sunshine! This is Divon in one of his famous "I'm gonna' get you" poses. The instructor, Gabrielle, is making sure they don't go flying through the glass window - such a responsible girl!



Now, here is Zephan - wooping up on a girl - or is it the other way around? Zephan and Divon both have this automatic response to jump like the little mexican jumping beans that they look like when ever their instructors say the word 'spar'. And you can see that the girl is grounded, but Zephan is jumping - defending himself - but still jumping. Both of them can't wait to graduate to the next class where they get to wear the sparring gear and throw kicks and punches. Needless to say, we are really working on controlling where our kicks and punches land. One of our most fruitful methods has been to have mom (ME) hold out my feet and each of them gets to throw jabs at it. It is about the right height for another person their height AND I get a great foot massage. It's great- as long as I like a little pain. They pack some pretty hard little jabs!

Finally - here is a picture of DD from last Friday when we were in downtown Fayetteville. This was the outfit she wore to meet her teacher for the first time. We shared a cheese, pita, fruit and yogurt plate at Blue Moon before running off to see her classroom and meet her teacher. Dazjah loves going downtown - what can I say - the girl has class. She is an old spirit - she loves to drink good coffee, have her steak pink, seafood, and a couple sips of good wine. Many people tell me that I am going to have to "watch out with her," but honestly - she is in karate and ballet - she only like girls - and as long as I can keep those factors a priority - I think I have a fighting chance. Also, it is going to take quite a guy to impress her with her tastes!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is a cute pic. My mom and aunt have a shop downtown, and they love it!!

Sue said...

Beautiful!