Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dazjah's Hello


Dazjah is saying, "Good Morning To Everyone!" She also wants to know why you all won't meet her at Chucky Cheese. (Beside the fact that even I do not like Chucky's house of greasy pizza.) Here is her beautiful outfit for today. She says that tomorrow she is going to wear her tap costume. You will love it because is it is black and white and pink. Those are all her favorite colors and it is one of the costumes she wore in her first recital a couple of months back.

Dazjah (she insists that her name is in pink) comes to work with me now that the boys are back in school. First grade is going well and they are progressing quite nicely with their spanish vocabulary and spelling. Last week was their first spelling test. So, everyday we had a little mock test to help prepare them for it. The word they were to spell was 'tengo'. Divon had finished writing and Zephan was sitting there pondering. I looked at his paper; he had written "ten" and was looking up into the air and tapping his pencil on his chin. After another 30 seconds I finally said, "Sound it out. What do you think comes next?" He did it and sat there thinking again. A little frustrated because he was making the 'g' sound I said, "What is it, Zephan?" He said, "I know it's a 'g' that comes next but how do you say that in spanish?" I reminded him how to say the letter 'g' in spanish and was bursting with laughter inside.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Tell your little girl I love black, pink and white!! I saw that you live in my town also!! That is awesome!

Your kids are beautiful!