Monday, March 19, 2007

What is the Past Tense of "to Vomit"??

When I think of upchucking - I think of my young adult days. I think about when bowing to the porcelain goddess made my stomach feel SOOOOO much better. Maybe I had eaten the wrong combination of food before indulging. Maybe I had indulged too quickly without enough in my stomach. Maybe, just maybe, I had indulged a little too much. - Whatever the reason, tossing my cookies has almost always brought instant relief. Even when it was a stomach bug - when I was finally able to retch - boy did I feel better.

This is not the case with my daughter. She seems to be able to gag on command. From a mother with alsmost NO gag reflex, is a daughter who blows chunks whenever, and where ever she decides she should.

Yes, last week DD had a stomach bug. I was in vomit up to my armpits. (Which. if I had a gag reflex would have had me spewing as well.) Of course, she gets this trait from her father, because he would have heaved melted milk duds if I had made him clean it up. I know, I know - GROSS.

Well, there was my wonderful end of last week and this weekend!! - Hope you all enjoyed the kaleidoscope of words and phrases used for the disgusting action!

For those who are only reading because of all the 'puking' references -

Irish Proverbs: Drinking
A man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, the drink takes the man.

It’s the first drop that destroys you, there’s no harm at all in the last.

If it’s drowning you’re after, don’t torment yourself with shallow water.

(Happy St. Paddy's Day!!)


For my family -

The kids have Easter pictures that we are sending your way. They are in no way 'perfect' so you can expect a good laugh!